Concur to Oracle EBS – Invoicing made easy at a leading New Economy Business in Petroleum Industry
Concur Technologies is an American SaaS company, providing travel and expense management services to businesses. Concur-being a 3rd party tool provides uniform platform to upload approve expenses. Which can then be generated in form of reports to be used for various purposes.
Our client has been using Concur® for employee reimbursement, which helps them to extract expense report out of it. Since, there is no bridge between Oracle EBS and Concur® they struggle to import invoice manually from this report. This mandated their accounts department to manually enter data to create invoices in Oracle Payables.
Lot of expense details are generated on the daily basis and this manual processing requires much more effort and is not cost effective in terms of resource time consumption.
These manual entries are also prone to errors resulting into invoice with wrong details, corrections and may eventually hamper accounting. Also manual processing may delay and generate backlog to create invoices.
Integration With Oracle EBS
A custom upload page (GUI interface) is developed and deployed in Oracle, which uses the approved expense data from Concur®, in Excel format. This GUI allows the user to upload and review the data with the help of neat intractable drill-down interface.
User is presented with total invoices and total amount to quickly verify against what they have uploaded. Once satisfied with the results user can validate and import the invoice via same GUI interface, provided in one place and will be able to monitor progress error or success.
In case of error(s) during validation they can modify and process the data again without a hassle of uploading again. Once everything looks good Invoices are ready to be reimbursed by AP team and carry out their financial accountings.
Below is a step-by-step procedure, to upload concur invoices into Oracle EBS via the GUI
- Gets the invoice details from Concur®
- Upload the invoice details to EBS
- Validate the invoice details with EBS
- Migrate the data to Invoice Interface
- Create Invoice in EBS with concurrent.
- Seamless integration of Concur and Oracle EBS
- Simple to use with limited user interventions.
- Major reduction in manual work and time saving
- Allows user to focus on the validation prior to invoice generation
- Preventive real time validation along with the EBS data against the uploaded data done automatically.
- Precise errors shown against the details.
- Historical data available to review after invoicing is done, to match with the EBS data.
- Reduction in human errors.
- Reduction in backlog and in-time accounting.